UEFA Euro 2020
In the summer of 2020, the 16th European Football Championship will be held in 11 countries. For the first time, the championship will be held on such a large scale: in 12 major European cities. The pan-European format of the tournament is due to the increased number of participants from 16 to 24 teams, which puts an additional burden on the organizers. Holding UEFA Euro 2020 in various cities will contribute to the development of infrastructure where today there are no stadiums of a modern international level that meet UEFA requirements. An unusual action dedicated to the 60th anniversary of the championship and is one-off. In 2024, the tournament will return to its normal format.
In the Northern capital, the EURO 2020 games will be held at the stadium "St. Petersburg", with a capacity of 61,000 spectators.
- June 13 (Saturday) - Group B match;
- June 17 (Wednesday) - Group B match;
- June 22 (Monday) - Group B match;
- July 3 (Friday) - quarter-finals.
One of the highlights of the championship in St. Petersburg is the UEFA Festival. For fans of EURO 2020, a 30-day entertainment program has been drawn up.
- The UEFA Festival Center in St. Petersburg is Football Village, where you can have a great time and celebrate EURO 2020 with your family, friends and other fans. At the disposal of the guests of the Football Town - live matches on the big screen, food, drinks, concerts, performances and other entertainments. Free admission.
- Fan Zone with giant screens, a festive atmosphere and typical St. Petersburg landscapes. The fan zone is ready to meet from 20 to 100 thousand fans on the days of matches in St. Petersburg and on the days of the games of the Russian team. On November 30, 2019, Fan Zone hours and broadcast schedules will be published.
Hotel "Orbita" recommends planning a trip to St. Petersburg in advance.
- Persons without Russian citizenship require a visa to enter the country. After buying a ticket, apply for a free fan passport, with which you will be able to repeatedly travel to Russia from May 31 to July 13, 2020.
- If there is no ticket for the match, get a tourist visa for 30 days. Submit documents no later than one month before the trip. Request an invitation in advance from the hotel where you plan to stay.
- Think about mobile communications. Roaming in Russia is not cheap, and we strongly recommend buying a local SIM card and actively using free Wi-Fi in public places.
- Make sure that your international travel insurance is valid in the territory of the Russian Federation.
«Orbita» is pleased to host UEFA Euro 2020 guests in St. Petersburg and provide an invitation from the hotel in advance for a tourist visa. The hotel’s location, three minutes from the Ploshchad Muzhestva metro station and 16 km from the St. Petersburg stadium, allows traffic to reach Krestovsky Island in 30 minutes by car or to reach the stadium in the metro in an hour, regardless of traffic conditions.